Tuesday, March 19, 2013

YAY Bachelorette Party!

I recently spent the weekend in the mountains with a group of girls celebrating a bachelorette party weekend.  It was so much fun! The bride got to spend the weekend relaxing and relishing in all of the planning that she accomplished over the past year. Don't worry, the groom will soon have his own weekend in Vegas. Sounds fun, right?

We ran into so many other bride and groom parties on our weekend that I started to think about the point of the party. It really is just to have another party in celebration of the wedding/commitment and where the maids and/or the groomsmen kick off a last farewell to their friends unmarried life. With so many couples waiting to get married/committed until later in life, the perception is that marriage is boring, unfulfilled, or is always a mistake, I don't believe this! Being a photographer and going to hundreds of weddings, I believe a marriage/commitment is what you make it.  Just like a friendship, you can't just expect it to work by itself.  Time and energy must go in to creating happiness between the two of you, while still juggling your own personalities. 

It annoys me that people see people getting married and the first thing they say is a sarcastic, "GOOD LUCK!" I experienced the same comments when I got married. Well ladies and gentleman, don't let the negativity get you down!!! The negative Nancey's might have a reason to be haters on your relationship but, it doesn't mean it is your burden to carry. Have a wonderful day!



1 comment:

  1. LOVE your advise. Marriage is hard work but so rewarding if you out in your time. I still cry at every wedding I go to and think about my own. It was a blast and I have the photos to prove it!

    ReplyDelete